Our clients often ask for advice about skin care products for their teenage children with breakout-prone and acne concerns. This is wise, because teen acne period will pass less stressful if your child uses proper products and follows a good skin care regimen. It is especially important during the summer! Our experience shows that 30-40% of skin care improvements occur due to professional treatments (such us Teen or Deep Pore Cleansing Facials & a Light Chemical Peel). The other 60-70% depends on at-home follow up routine. After professional consultation, we recommend 5 essential steps: exfoliation, extraction, controlling inflammation, feeding & protecting your skin and a healthy diet.
1. Exfoliation with medical grade pH level scale products containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acids, Fruit Enzymes, and Salicylic Acid. At BioLux our professional skin care line contains these high percentages of active ingredients.
2. Extraction: NO SKIN PICKING! It may result in hyper pigmented or brown spots. Do bring your child to have a professional Deep Pore Facial. If active acne problems, we recommend to start every month to see real results. BioLux acne treatment plan includes cleansing, steaming, enzyme, extraction, antiseptic, & high frequency procedure to kill bacteria & close the pores, acne spot treatment, mask, appropriate moisturizer and sunscreen.
3. Controlling inflammation and proper skin moisturizer with step by step instructions for home care. Our aestheticians as well as other skin care professional will recommend products containing salicylic acid & botanical ingredient to address the major causes of acne: bacterial infection; clogged pores; increased oil production.
4. Feed & protect skin with combination of Vitamin C and Sunscreen 30 SPF.
5. Healthy diet. Sugar and grain carbohydrates are the top diet-related acne offenders. When ever possible, try to avoid bread, cereal, pasta, rice, potatoes, corn and foods which are high in starch.